3.11.06

Funeral Music

Ultraviolet - Kites (Fantasy Flite Part One)

While I could easily start a whole separate blog entirely for the purpose of expounding on my freakish obsession with this track, for now I'll just give the most concise clinical description of the FFP1 fetish I've so far come up with—and that is, I've no doubt whatsoever my IQ would be several points higher but for the sheer cortical mass I devote solely to the perpetual if unconscious contemplation of this one hallowed sound recording scarcely more than five minutes in total duration.

Or in other words, I think it seriously kicks ass.


(What I simply cannot get my mind around is the fact
it was released when I was only 14 years old.)

Kites

I will fly a yellow paper sun in your sky,

when the wind is high, when the wind is high.
I will float a silken silver moon near your window,
if your night is dark, if your night is dark.

In letters of gold on a snow white kite,
I will write,

I love you,

and send it soaring high above you,
for all to read.

I will scatter rice paper stars in your heaven,
if there are no stars, if there are no stars.
All of these and seven wonders more will I fly,
when the wind is high, when the wind is high.


(Repeat refrain.)

1 comment:

epahShifter said...

If you knew this already, kindly disregard my comment. The full, original 'Kites' track is actually 7 minutes long. If you don't have it I would be happy to send it your way.

On another note, this is one of the most eerily beautiful tracks I have yet known. Perhaps the best set of lyrics, *ever*. I can't believe it was created when I was only three! ;)

Cheers!