25.3.07

Lament for the Day

No sooner had I begun toying with the idea of making some sort of effort to somewhat curb my severe nicotine addiction sometime in the not too distant future than those evil sons of bitches at U.S. Smokeless Tobacco come along with their luscious new Skoal Citrus Blend, a pinch of which is like one of those tangy lemon flavored Dum Dum suckers I used to get after breakfast at Denny's when I was a kid, but with a special kick, damnit.

Addendum 25.3.07: Please do note I'm about the most atypical consumer of smokeless tobacco there is. Even the apparent new dipping fad at certain gay bars in Austin, according to Dagon, is merely an uptick in patronage by closet-ish country queers from surrounding areas.

1 comment:

Gledwood said...

I managed to give up the "fags" as we call cigarettes here in London UK for over 6 months. Even did clubbing on new year's eve without them... now another addiction has got me and my relapse on to nicotine addiction is hardcore as ever ...

Lovely blog
Gledwood
("Gledwood Vol 2")