28.12.06

Funeral Music

During my rough and satisfying visit with Dagon last night, three more exquisite tracks were officially added to the supreme pantheon. They are:

Chakra - I Am (Digweed & Muir's Bedrock Mix)

Why is it called trance? This track is the answer. (What I don't know is whether the crimson waif on the cover is vocalist Kate Cameron or just some model, so I'd be grateful if someone out there could please tell me.)

Ultraviolet - I Wish That (Radical Mix)

Upon revisitation I find this mix has a very similar feel to the infamous Fantasy Flite Part One. Enough said.

Violet Vision - Your Voice (Original Mix)

Noa Lembersky's voice, over one of the fattest breaks you'll ever hear, is simply heartbreaking.

Also, I've not previously mentioned It's No Good from Depeche Mode's criminally underrated album Ultra. Perhaps the deadliest track they've produced in their entire history, it was inducted upon release nearly ten years ago.

Addendum 30.12.06: Ok seriously, the Chakra track is an ABSOLUTE FUCKING BOMB—I mean, I've been playing it non-stop for two days now and I'm still nowhere near sick of it. And I'll even go so far as to say we might have a slight problem on our hands. Uh-oh.

No comments: